How to Request a Copy of Your Medical Records
We have partnered with MediCopy to fulfill your Release of Information requests. MediCopy is fully HIPAA compliant and adheres to all state and federal regulations concerning release of medical information. Patients can request copies of their medical records at no cost, but delivery fees apply for postage, so provide an email address! Please provide an email address on the authorization to expedite the process and delivery method. Records sent via email or to another provider are complimentary. Requests are completed within (2) two business days after receipt by Medicopy.
To submit your request for medical records, please complete the following Authorization for the Release of Medical Records (see links at bottom of page). You may send your complete form by fax, email, or mail:
Medicopy Services, Inc.
8 City Blvd Suite 400
Nashville, TN 37209
If you are enrolled in My Clinic Patient Portal, you may send us a message with any questions you may have. To access My Clinic Patient Portal, please click this link.
Please note that South Bend Clinic retains its patient records for 10 years.
Who is authorized to sign for release of my medical records?
- You, the patient, if not a minor.
- Your health care representative or health care Power of Attorney if you are unable to sign. Legal documents must be provided.
- If you are under 18 years of age, your parent/parents may sign for you.
- Legal guardian if appropriate. Documentation must be provided.
- For deceased patients, the Executor of the Estate is the first person who can request copies of records. Death certificates and estate documents must be presented.
Medical Record Process
This process is in compliance with Federal HIPAA guidelines. Please allow up to 30 business days for your records to be processed and mailed to the specified address.
Continuation of Care with other Providers
All Healthcare facilities requesting medical records must fax a request to South Bend Clinic at (574) 204-7656. Please send the patient name, date of birth and information you are requesting on your fax cover sheet.
We fax the records to you unless there is a large volume of documentation. Those files are mailed.